Updated: Nov 13, 2020
A simple and refreshing smoothie made with mangoes, avocado & lemons
This smoothie is one of my favorites, although any smoothie usually tastes great. I had to play around with this one a little to get it to the taste I wanted but after getting the correct amount of each ingredient I've come up with a really good tasting smoothie.
KITCHEN ITEMS YOU'LL NEED
Either a blender, nutri-bullet or food processor are required to make smoothies.
Glasses for serving
1 cup of ice cubes made from "filtered water". (Do not use tap water to avoid toxins)
1 organic mango
1 organic avocado
1 cup (TOTAL/ 2 1/2 cups separated) of non-dairy milk of your choice. In this recipe I used full fat coconut milk but if you want you can also use an appropriate option for the PhaZe you are currently in. (*See additional health information at the bottom of this recipe)
2 tbsp of organic lemon juice freshly squeezed
1/2 tsp of organic turmeric spice
1 dash of organic cardamom spice
Tiny dash of celtic sea salt or pink himalayan salt for taste...(do not add too much or you'll ruin the smoothie...just a few granules add a nice flavor and give some added electrolytes to the smoothie)
Tip before you start: I like to do this smoothie in an artful way but if you'd like to cut on time you can simply mix it all together. I mean who has time for art when you're sick right? But sometimes doing art can help heal us (as I've learned throughout my journey to slow down and create beautiful things in the midst of pain and suffering).
Artful and Fun Instructions
1. Start by peeling your mango and removing the center seed. I love this video from REAL SIMPLE magazine. I always go back to this video every time I forget how to peel mangoes.
2. Add the mango pieces to your blender
3. Add in your ice, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt into the blender.
4. Blend it all up until creamy and smooth
5. Poor mango mixture into a separate pouring container. I use a pyrex glass measure cup that has a pour spout like this one:
6. Once you've removed all of the mango portion from the blender...then
7. Remove the skin and center seed from your avocado. Again..I love YouTube for these simple tasks of how to handle fruits and I often refer back to them in my own kitchen. This is one of my favorite avocado how-to videos on the internet and it's from yahoo but it's a super quick video for beginners:
8. Once you've got the fruit meat separated place it your "empty" blender and squeeze your lemon into the avocado. Add the second 1/2 cup of your non-diary milk and blend until creamy smooth.
9. Alternate pouring the mango and avocado smoothies on top of one another for that beautiful artful therapy!! and serve!!
SKIP THAT!! GIVE ME THE "I'M TOO SICK FOR THIS MESS" version:
Peel and deseed avocado and mango as directed above
Throw everything into the blender and blend in high for 30 seconds or until creamy smooth!! whallah!!
*Health Information to consider
Some Intolerance Information - Because there are so many "well-known" food intolerances we do not make recipes to leave out ingredients that cover every single food intolerance that can happen with people who are exposed to mold. Our recipes focus on the goal of each PhaZe and helps people move into the next PhaZe of a mold detox diet. Please see our position on food intolerances and allergies HERE. Here are a few that may apply to this recipe:
Mangoes are "Medium Oxalate"
Avocados are "High Oxalate" - avoid if you have an oxalate intolerance.
Avocados are "High Histamine" - avoid if you have a histamine intolerance. (Not all people exposed to mold have a histamine intolerance but if you are avoiding histamines, avoid this recipe.
Milk options to consider before you move forward
for Phaze 1 (sugar free varieties of) - Rice Milk, Oat Milk, Pea Milk, Almond Milk, Cashew Milk, Raw Milk, Goats Milk, Hemp Milk or Coconut Milk
for Phaze 2 (sugar free & gluten free varieties of) - Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Cashew Milk, Hemp Milk or Coconut Milk.
for Phaze 3 (sugar free, gluten free or mold-prone free varieties of) - Almond Milk, Hemp Milk or Coconut Milk.
for Phaze 4 (sugar free, gluten free, mold-prone free...if you are avoiding all oxalates and histamines for your 90-day phaze 4..you'll probably want to avoid this.
for Phaze 5 - same as phaze 4 (sugar free, gluten free, mold-prone free...if you are avoiding all oxalates and histamines for your 90-day phaze 4..you'll probably want to avoid this.
for Phaze 6 - same as phaze 4 & 5 (sugar free, gluten free, mold-prone free...if you are avoiding all oxalates and histamines for your 90-day phaze 4..you'll probably want to avoid this.
for Phaze 7 (sugar free & gluten free varieties of) - Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Cashew Milk, Hemp Milk or Coconut Milk.
for Phaze 8 (sugar free varieties of) - Rice Milk, Oat Milk, Pea Milk, Almond Milk, Cashew Milk, Raw Milk, Goats Milk, Hemp Milk or Coconut Milk