Updated: Apr 30, 2022
Coconut-Carrot cake bites are (dairy free, gluten-free, processed sugar-free, flour free)
KITCHEN ITEMS YOU'LL NEED
2 small bowls
1 medium-sized serving bowl
10 medjool dates
2 organic Carrots
1 cup Oats (Gluten Free)
1 tsp 100% pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Grated Raw Ginger
Dash ground clove
2 Tbsp Raw unfiltered honey
1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut shavings
1/2 cup Pecans
1/4 cup Sunbutter
1 Tbsp raw unfiltered honey
1 tsp water
1/8 tsp 100% pure monk fruit
Another 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut shavings in separate bowl
2 Tbsp shredded carrot
1. Rinse and wash the carrots and cut off the tops. Place the carrots into the food processor and blend them up until all that is left are small shavings of carrots.
2. Remove about 2 full Tbsp's of the shredded carrot and place it into one of the small bowls and set aside.
3. Add all of the "main ingredients" to the food processor and blend well until it forms a smooth blended dough all the way through. You may have to remove the lid several times and push it around and remix it several times to incorporate all of the ingredients evenly.
4. Once all of the ingredients are well blended, shape and roll the dough into approximately 1 inch balls and place them into the medium-sized bowl.
5. In the first small bowl, mix the ingredients for the "sweet dip" together and blend well. This will create a sugar-free sweet dip that you will dip each of the balls in.
6. In the second small bowl that contains the shredded carrot, add in the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and blend the two together.
7. Dip each ball into the sweet dip and cover it entirely. After covering it with the sweet dip mixture, then roll each ball into the rolled shaving mixture of carrots and coconut.
Because these contain "perishable" ingredients, you'll want to store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator OR consume them the same day.