Updated: Nov 12, 2021
Warm, nourishing creamy leeks, cauliflower, onions, garlic and coconut milk. Super delicious and creamy soup to heal the gut. Packed with vitamin C, antibacterial and antifungal.
KITCHEN ITEMS YOU'LL NEED
Stainless Steel stock pot
Stainless steel kitchen knife
Stone or glass cutting board
Food processer, hand blender or mixer (to make soup creamy)
2 organic leaks
1/2 organic red onion
2 organic garlic cloves
1 organic cauliflower head
4 cups organic vegetable broth (homemade or store bought)
1 can full fat coconut milk (no guar gum)
1/2 Tbsp Celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp organic cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp organic thyme
1 Tbsp organic dried parsley
3 Tbsp (cooc certified) olive oil
2 Tbsp grassfed butter (leave out if you are wanting "vegan" and add an additional 1 tsp olive oil)
1. Wash all vegetables in a large bowl filtered water two tablespoons of baking soda
2. Using your cutting board and knife, cut up the cauliflower and leeks and set them aside.
3. Remove the skins from the garlic bulb and mince the garlic.
4. Using the cutting board and knife the onions into small pieces.
5. In a large stainless steel stock pot add the olive oil and grass-fed butter
and turn heat on low to medium heat.
6. Usually we make a roux, however, in this recipe we will be making
a flour-less roux as the base of our soup
7. To begin the roux, toss in the onions and garlic. You'll want to use your Silicone spatula to sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is light
8. Add the 4 cups of vegetable broth and the one can of coconut milk
9. Increase the heat to medium.
10. Toss in the leaks and the cauliflower
11. Throw in the remaining herbs and spices
12. Cover the stockpot with a lid and bring soup to a boil for 15 minutes then reduce heat too low to medium and simmer for an additional 45 minutes
13. Simmer soup until cauliflower and leeks are soft and mushy. Remove from heat.
14. Using a hand blender like this one
or if you don't have one use a food processer, blender or stand mixer to blend
and cream the soup. Please be careful if soup is boiling hot, it can melt plastic
the best way to do this safely is to let it cool slightly above room temperature.
Once your soup is thoroughly blended, garnish with cilantro leaves, parsley leaves or green onion.
Creamy leek and cauliflower soup can easily be frozen in BPA-free glass containers to be reheated and served. (avoid refrigerator leftovers)
If you made this soup, please let us know how it was by commenting below